- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sprinkle berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- Fit half of pastry in a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients (flour, salt, cinnamon); add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- Unfold remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges with a fork.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, if necessary.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.